Welcome to CrackRoll.com! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

XHeli.com EXI-500CF Heli Kits Lipos Parts 2.4GHz Tools Mfgr.
Create a new account or Log in:     Remember Me    I forgot my password!

Go Back   Crackroll.com > Crackroll.com News > Main Blade

Old 04-08-2013, 11:30 PM   #1
CSpaced
Administrator

Default Ralph Reviews the Skyartec Wasp Nano 100 CP

Fellow heli pilot and author Ralph Squillace has finished a great review of the Skyartec Wasp Nano 100 CP RTF. Check out what Ralph had to say below, and then follow the link to the full review featuring photos and video!

Introduction:

If there's one thing I appreciate, it's passion for one's work.

To describe Max Ettinger of Park RC Models in Auburn Hills, Michigan USA as "passionate" is an understatement.

I had a blast in 2012 working directly with Max to bring our readers reviews of the flybarless Skyartec Wasp X3V 250-class helicopter and its cousin, the flybar-equipped Skyartec Wasp X3, since replaced by the flybarless Wasp X3S.

There's been a lot of technology at work behind the scenes since then and it's culminated in the brand new Skyartec Wasp Nano 100 CP flybarless 100-class nano helicopter.

Like all models sold by Park RC Models, this Nano 100 came fully serviced and with about 30 minutes of preflight testing, insuring a truly ready-to-fly model. It also came to me through Park RC Models directly through the Skyartec factory specifically for this review. A fifty-point checklist from Park RC Models is included with each model along with an emailed link to a video of one's actual model being test flown.

Here too is a helicopter with a foam-lined, locking aluminum carrying case and Skyartec's new NASA701 computerized seven-channel radio system. This terrific new radio is fully reverse compatible with most Skyartec fixed-wing and rotary models and is fully menu driven via its own multi-function LCD display. This means changes to things like pitch curves are easily adjusted in the field without the need of a computer.

It'll take some knocks whether from a beginner just learning to hover or from an intermediate pilot learning 3D flight. That's because most of the Nano 100 is made from a flexible engineering plastic capable of absorbing all but the most severe crashes. A video link down the page shows James Peng, Skyartec engineer and designer of the Nano 100 intentionally twisting parts such as the main blades into pretzels.

All of that service, technology and extras come at a price and I don't mean expensive.

As Skyartec's official North American distributor, Park RC Models is able to offer this great little chopper for all of US$149.95 plus a nominal shipping fee and tax where applicable.

Like all of Skyartec's products, the Wasp Nano 100 and the transmitter each have a factory serial number, making it easy to repair or service as inevitable ongoing changes are made to production.

Time to charge up a battery and get unit number NOD1571 up and flying!

Check out the full review here!
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	skyartec nano.jpg
Views:	735
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	136.6 KB · Views: 735

CSpaced is offline   Reply With Quote