Welcome to CrackRoll.com! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

XHeli.com EXI-500CF Heli Kits Lipos Parts 2.4GHz Tools Mfgr.
Create a new account or Log in:     Remember Me    I forgot my password!

Go Back   Crackroll.com > R/C Blogs > CSpaced's blog

Old 07-29-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
CSpaced
Spam Killer!

Send a message via MSN to CSpaced
Default Can someone turn down the Sun a smidge?

Man, it is HOT outside at the moment. High humidity and temperatures hovering around 100, I don't know how anyone can get anything done outside in this kind of heat. My days have become strategically planned so that anything outside gets done in the wee hours of the morning, or during magic hour in the evening.

Forget about noon to 4pm, I just can't do it...

How's everyone else handling the heat?
Old 07-30-2011, 03:10 PM   #2
rcdude07
Collective Pitch

No joke CSpaced. I set my alarm clock for 6:30am today (Saturday July 30, 2011) just so I could go outside and do the maintenance I needed to get done on my truck. Was done by 9am and it still looked like I went swimming with my clothes on. Mowed the yard Wednesday night while it was 92-95* outside just because I wanted to avoid the triple digit temps.

I hear ya about not being able to do it during the afternoon hours, I can't either. I've got my 40 sized plane on charge for tomorrow because it's supposed to be cooler, a whopping 90-92* instead.

Since I still don't have my 450 yet, I just put around on the simulator as to not get rusty with my heli skills, or I charge up the gum stick batteries and putt around the house with the mSR.
rcdude07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
CSpaced
Spam Killer!

I figure my lawn mower has head lights so that I can mow at dusk when the heat is bearable!

We did a short mountain bike trip at Lake Norman this morning, and by the time we were done it was already reading 105 degrees! Luckily we were in the woods where it was about 10 degrees cooler, but man it was a tough ride.

I'm planning on getting out to the field at about 7am tomorrow, so I can get a few hours flying in before it gets too hot again! Gonna try out the new Blade 450 3D (will have a review up soon!).

Last edited by CSpaced; 07-31-2011 at 10:56 PM.
CSpaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:27 PM   #4
freakyreef
Evo Wrangler

Tell me about it. It is supposed to be 110 around here on Tuesday. Way too hot!! I feel sorry for the crew I have got working. It pretty much triples the time it takes them to get a job done. Add to that the need to wear Nomex firesuits during parts of the job and it's pretty much unbearable. Thanks to new regulations, They are not allowed to work with live natural gas, which means I have to suit up and do it.
freakyreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:08 AM   #5
weaselbean
Tryin to B 3-D!

It's been in the triple digits here for weeks and there is no relief in sight. The forecast for this week all triple digits and one of the days it said high of 106 with a heat index of 112 OMG! Are you kidding me? This heat SUX MY ARSE!!!
weaselbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:50 AM   #6
rcdude07
Collective Pitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaselbean View Post
It's been in the triple digits here for weeks and there is no relief in sight. The forecast for this week all triple digits and one of the days it said high of 106 with a heat index of 112 OMG! Are you kidding me? This heat SUX MY ARSE!!!
Come one down to NC where we have heat indices of 100+ during the summer when the temps are just 95*F. It's not the heat that will kill you, it's the humidity.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #7
weaselbean
Tryin to B 3-D!

Yesterday's heat index reached 122 OMG! It shattered records! This will fry your brain!
weaselbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #8
whiskykid
Coaxial

I feel for ya guys! but hey! up here in the northwest! we're just now getting summer!
whiskykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:40 AM   #9
John A
Rolling Thunder

Look at it this way it's better than 10 feet of snow and 30 below. I'll take the heat any day.
John A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #10
rcdude07
Collective Pitch

Well, if it ain't the heat, it's storming. Supposed to be good temps (high 80's low 90's) this weekend, put some stuff on charge last night in order to get to the field today, and early this morning I had to pull it all off charge due to storms causing brownouts and I didn't want to damage anything with the sudden on and off of the multiple brown outs. But we need the rain, so I can't complain about getting rain.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #11
CSpaced
Spam Killer!

We're supposed to be getting a little break in the rain tomorrow morning - so I'll be hitting the field before it gets too hot!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #12
Bigugly
Collective Pitch

Our record here in DFW is 42 days strait 100+ in 1980 We made it to 40 this year and then had a 99. Im really POd at mother nature. I work outside and suffered though 40days and didnt get the record . I would have been ok with it if we had a week or two with some relief, but no its been 104-105 everyday since.

Sorry, Weather rant.

How much longer till October?
Bigugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:22 PM   #13
Ghostflyer1
The Chaos Crew !!!!

Feelin your pain down here in H-Town brother. I would love to see 3 or 4 straight days of rain right now
Ghostflyer1 is offline   Reply With Quote