Welcome to CrackRoll.com! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

XHeli.com EXI-500CF Heli Kits Lipos Parts 2.4GHz Tools Mfgr.
Create a new account or Log in:     Remember Me    I forgot my password!

Go Back   Crackroll.com > R/C Blogs > CSpaced's blog

Old 06-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
CSpaced
Administrator

Default Ack! Got a cold :(

So the last few days have been pretty miserable. My Wife started to feel under the weather about a week ago, and we thought it was allergies and continued as normal. Wrong! Turned out she was getting a cold, and it wasn't until days after she got it that we realised this. Needless to say, it was only a few days later that I came down with it. I'm three days in and feeling crappy, but on the plus side my Wife is feeling better!

You'd think with all this down time I'd get something constructive done, but no! All I want to do is sleep, which is a problem because I can't stop coughing long enough to get any!

Being ill really sucks.
CSpaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:49 PM   #2
rcdude07
Collective Pitch

You can't successfully build safely when you're not 100%. So don't fret. The biggest piece of advice I give new pilots or someone with a new aircraft and is nervous "If you feel less than 100%, don't force anything. Keep the aircraft down." And the same can be applied to Xacto knives, soldering guns, etc....
rcdude07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
Jim T. Graham
Admin Deluxe

Send a message via Yahoo to Jim T. Graham

Nothing worse than a summer cold. I had one right after Joe Nall.
Jim T. Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:58 AM   #4
CSpaced
Administrator

Holy Crap, I took a single dose of Mucinex DM to help relieve the chest congestion. Felt fine up until going to bed, then my legs felt like they were cramping a little. I just put it down to the fact that I've been a vegetable for the last few days and tried to go to sleep. I woke up about an hour later, literally drenched from head to foot in sweat. I've never seen anything like it, it was like I had just stepped out of the shower and into bed. I needed a towel to dry off and had to change the sheets, which were soaked through from one end to the other.

I still feel a little spacey, but its almost worn off now. I won't be taking that again!
Old 06-21-2011, 01:51 PM   #5
CSpaced
Administrator

Well, after a week of sniffles, I finally got out today and did some mountain biking. Didn't suffer as much as I thought I would, and it sure was nice to be back on my bike!
Old 06-21-2011, 02:23 PM   #6
rcdude07
Collective Pitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSpaced View Post
Well, after a week of sniffles, I finally got out today and did some mountain biking. Didn't suffer as much as I thought I would, and it sure was nice to be back on my bike!
Must be nice. Down here around Raleigh we're covered in smoke from wildfires in Pender and Dare counties. Couldn't even walk between buildings at work during lunch without choking.
rcdude07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:28 PM   #7
CSpaced
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdude07 View Post
Must be nice. Down here around Raleigh we're covered in smoke from wildfires in Pender and Dare counties. Couldn't even walk between buildings at work during lunch without choking.
Yeah I saw you guys were getting smoked out, another reason I'm glad I was able to get a ride in before it drifts over this way!