Welcome to CrackRoll.com! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

XHeli.com EXI-500CF Heli Kits Lipos Parts 2.4GHz Tools Mfgr.
Create a new account or Log in:     Remember Me    I forgot my password!

Go Back   Crackroll.com > R/C Blogs > CSpaced's blog

Old 02-23-2011, 10:07 AM   #1
CSpaced
Spam Killer!

Send a message via MSN to CSpaced
Default MySQL, MyPHP, and MY headache.

This past week I've been working on a few different websites. Its funny, when I do this kind of work I get sucked into a time warp where all the days merge together and I end up spending enormous amounts of time staring at the screen.

The first site was built from scratch, and needed a shopping cart. No problem, there is enough free stuff available on the web to do it. A couple of days later and we have a usable site with functioning cart.

The second site was more involved. It was using way old software to run the site, an even older forum, and it all had to be brought up to date without losing any data. There were several versions of the software between where we were at, and where we wanted to go. I ended up manually exporting/importing a lot of the database files, designed a new template, and successfully brought across all the users/articles/forum data without losing a thing. I tested it all on a local server first, so that when I ran the live site installation the down time was only an hour.

Not bad for an untrained hack

What really irked me, was that some servers are using a newer version of PHP which renders the "TYPE=MyISAM" command obsolete, it has been replaced with "ENGINE=MyISAM". I was getting errors all over the place at first, and I had to hunt down and change the scripts to get it all to work. I dunno why they would need to change the command like that, but I guess they have their reasons.

Anyhow, its all done now, and the irony is that while I was glued to the screen the weather was beautiful, and now that I'm done we are expecting rain and cold temperatures again.... *sigh*
Old 02-24-2011, 07:11 AM   #2
rcdude07
Collective Pitch

Ahhh, don't you love progress in the SW world? I'm a SW Test Engineer, always on the look out for stuff like that. Dependencies on deprecated items are hard to catch sometimes.
rcdude07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:48 AM   #3
jairoblaster
Master of Disaster

Ill I can say to that is " if you do, your going to clean it up" I know just enough to completly lock up someone elses laptop, cause Im not going to use mine for gods sake. But back to my point Thats when I break out the airsoft and the MCX. IF you are not blasting your MCX with an airsoft yet, you are missing out. It takes a fairly salty pilot to fly and shoot at the same time. Anyway just an Idea to break the monotony. Have fun.
jairoblaster is offline   Reply With Quote